QNT 351 Final Exam
Uploaded by woolsie on Jul 26, 2012
QNT 351 Final Exam
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE ANSWERS HERE!!! http://homeworkfox.com/tutorials/mathematics/1449/qnt-351-final-exam/
1) The main purpose of descriptive statistics is to
2) The general process of gathering, organizing, summarizing, analyzing, and interpreting data is called
3) The performance of personal and business investments is measured as a percentage, return on investment. What type of variable is return on investment?
4) What type of variable is the number of robberies reported in your city?
5) What level of measurement is the number of auto accidents reported in a given month?
6) The names of the positions in a corporation, such as chief operating officer or controller, are examples of what level of measurement?
7) Shoe sizes, such as 7B, 10D, and 12EEE, are examples of what level of measurement?
8) Monthly commissions of first-year insurance brokers are $1,270, $1,310, $1,680, $1,380, $1,410, $1,570, $1,180, and $1,420. These figures are referred to as
9) A small sample of computer operators shows monthly incomes of $1,950, $1,775, $2,060, $1,840, $1,795, $1,890, $1,925, and $1,810. What are these ungrouped numbers called?
10) The sum of the deviations of each data value from this measure of central location will always be 0
11) For any data set, which measures of central location have only one value?
12) A sample of single persons receiving social security payments revealed these monthly benefits: $826, $699, $1,087, $880, $839, and $965. How many observations are below the median
13) A dot plot shows
14) The test scores for a class of 147 students are computed. What is the location of the test score associated with the third quartile?
15) The National Center for Health Statistics reported that of every 883 deaths in recent years, 24 resulted from an automobile accident, 182 from cancer, and 333 from heart disease. Using the relative frequency approach, what is the probability that a particular death is due to an automobile accident?
16) If two events A and B are mutually exclusive, what does the special rule of addition state?
17) A listing of all possible outcomes of an experiment and their corresponding probability of occurrence is called a
18) The shape of any uniform probability distribution is
19) The mean of any uniform probability distribution is
20) For the normal distribution, the mean plus and minus 1.96 standard deviations will include about what percent of the observations?
21) For a standard normal distribution, what is the probability that z is greater than 1.75?
22) A null hypothesis makes a claim about a
23) What is the level of significance?